6.19.2009

Sigh of relief


Gangster Legs went on another little outing last night and perhaps saw the best show of the summer. When describing the show Sam Amidon, Doveman and members of The National put on at Le Poisson Rouge there is no way that I can be sarcastic or snarky. It was too amazing, beautiful, genuine, and polished for me to even pretend to funnily write about it. Basically, that music was the equivalent to being in love, drinking iced tea on a wooden porch on a perfect summer day, and moving away from home for the first time, all rolled into one. I'm still walking around with a goofy smile on my face, especially in lieu of sitting literally two seats over from the lead singer of The National. Ahhhhh. The blogosphere might not be aware but those close to me know of my complete and utter obsession with The National and understand what a life altering event that was for me, creepy cell phone pictures and all. I am seriously at a loss for words when I try to describe how much I love The National. That's probably why I've never posted on them; I get jittery just thinking about them.
Okay, anyways, blubbering aside, apparently the National are working on a new album and are also touring, but mostly in Europe. However, if you're rollin' in it and have the cash money to blow on the All Points West Festival coming up soon in ny, ny, they will be there, rocking your world, changing your life, making you fall in love, and gently hugging the stranger next to you with happy tears in their eyes. (All this may or may not have happened at prior National shows. Just saying.)

Check out this cool, free, album available for download on Sam Amidon's site: http://www.samamidon.com/homealone.html

Also download this great new Doveman song Hurricane.

On a last note, I would like to announce that I won't be posting for a while starting tomorrow. I'm going to be working on some farms this summer in places that don't know what internet connections, nor hipandnow music are. So my opportunities to create hilarious, rabble-rousing posts about great music will be few and far between. But don't dismay, I'll be back briefly in mid-July, than probably forever in September. Have a lovely summer kiddos; everyone's sleeping upstairs, all safe and sound.

Love,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment