6.14.2009

Neu Wave Cinema

[I wrote this awhile ago and never posted it, it might be on the short side and I don't remember how the name had anything to do with it but why not?]

I know not if someone else has written about this exact same thing on this blog previously. So if you have read this sentence somewhere else then I extend my deepest apologies to you and yours.

David Byrne played a free show in Prospect Park last Monday. It was an overcast night, light sprinkles here and there. The occasional drips felt rather nice while watching a wonderful band clad in brilliant white. Byrne did an amazing show. The fact that it was free was very satisfying. The crowd was very cool too. Not too dense but enough to get the juices flowing.

It really shouldn't have mattered that the show was free but it felt really good that it was. Living in NYC exposes you to so many people that want to fuck you (in a bad way). I would love a good fucking if my wallet wasn't involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment