6.08.2009

BEST SHOW IN THE HISTORY OF EVER.

I don't mean to get your hopes up, but I think the best show to have ever happened in the history of the world might be taking place this Sunday in Fort Tilden right by the beach. Just maybe. Not only is it happening in the far reaches of the loveliest Queens, but it is also being advertised as an "unamplified acoustic bbq" show. I LOVE bbqs. I LOVE acoustic music. I LOVE the beach. This is such a recipe for success, I can't even stand it! And, to make matters even more excitable, the bands playing make me not dread the hour long train ride awaiting me. Who is playing, you ponder? Well, let. me. tell. you.: The Eskalators, The Coathangers, The So So Glos, Pterodactyl, Mika Miko, Teengirl Fantasy, Ponytail, and (HOLY SHIT OMG SWOON) Phosphorescent, among many many others. You should really make it out to this show, because friend, I really think this might be the Matthew Hoch encounter that really counts and I doubt you would want to miss the beginning of our happy, happy life together.

Check this shit out if you like things that are good. And even if you don't. Because really, who wants to admit to not liking good things? Certainly not me.

Here's the full list of bands playing a la ohmyrockness.com: http://www.ohmyrockness.com/VenueDetail.cfm?VenueID=1038

Show starts at 12 in the afternoon. Don't be a jerk and show up fashionably late; The Eskalators go on at 12:20 and we can see right through your pretension anyways. BYOB and sunhat I'd imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment