6.11.2009

I just got back from prom.


I was just at a prom. Not my own, I was just workin at one for some high school upstate and guess where it was. No, don't waste your time you'll never get it. The Hammerstein Ballroom. Who has their prom there? Or maybe it isn't even that weird. I have no idea. These kids had a graduating class of almost 800. Wowsas! Anyways I served non-alcoholic bevs for the last 5 hours and now I need to kick back, relax and write a sir snarks-a-lot post to get my mind of off all the pregnancies that are beginning...now. I was actually really disappointed that I didn't see any of those controversial prom dresses for preggers chicks that have the belly portion taken out. However, one of the teacher/chaperones was wearing a toga dress that made me feel uncomfortable! I think she ordered a Diet Coke or maybe Ginger Ale. 

Enough about promenading. Here is the breaking news of the day:

1. This radical guy Bryan Derballa has this hipandnow photo site that I love and kind of helped update and you should check it out. It is like a kelp forest of awesome photographs mostly about life and living it. Would you like to visit Lovebryan now?

2. This song is so damn forlorn I love it. Rand-o thought: How great is it that Prince did the soundtrack for the MKeaton/JNix Batman? Some people really can do it all. 
The Kinks- Strangers

3. Bryan reminded me of this song whilst we were working hard at updating his virtual memory lane. Its by Jens Lekman. About halfway through, when the dude with the low voice comes in, I get so jell-o legs, it is just so good. Did you know that Mr. Jens is from a town in Sweden called Angered? Some people really do have it all. 
Jens Lekman- Pocketful of Money

Don't forget to go out and see some shows this weekend. I might just stay in and cry for no reason. Or I might rage it. Rage on!

No comments:

Post a Comment