2.04.2009

Mail this, Cupid.

I have gotten heart stamps the last two times I have been to the post office. It is embarrassing to send a letter to someone who now thinks you have hidden feelings for them and are trying to communicate it not through the letter itself but through the postage. Above is the exact stamp given to me by the lady behind the post office counter. These are the kind of stamps Cupid uses when overnighting his arrows into people's hearts. These are not the kind of stamps that I want to use. I need some bourgeoisie-friendly art stamps, or maybe one's that promote the rights of kittens. But puffy cartoon hearts? I can only hope the little man running under the weight of that fat ass heart is getting ready to punt it off a cliff. KABOOM. Alas: The United States Postal Service says: "Entitled "All Heart," the design focuses on a large, bright red heart that is transporting its owner to an unseen beloved who will be gifted with this heart full of love." If that isn't the scariest shit you have ever heard then you must be down with having organs other than your brain control your actions. What?

Download "Love Song 2009" Dent May- This song is really cute and he has quite a falsetto. 

Download "Love Story" Deltron- This is not cute. Deltron will never rap in a falsetto. 

Download "Lover's Leap" Bela Fleck & The Flecktones- Despite the name, the song does not make me want to leap off a bridge. Bela Fleck is amazing. This song is instrumental (some lofty vocals in there too). 

Download "The Red Telephone" Love- This song is by a band called Love. I love this band. "I feel real phony when my name is Phil." And I do, too. This song reminds me of my dorm in high school. Awesome!

1 comment:

  1. you wouldn't be making fun of that stamp if you got it in the mail...

    ReplyDelete