2.20.2009

I LOVE-HATE YOU


Want to be bi-polar? Me too! That is why I have decided to post the most benign songs ever next to the most depressing. This is only a test, do not adjust your blogosphere. Remember, you must follow the songs in the given order.


2. Pink Floyd - Another Brick In Wall Part II





So what did you think? I hated to end on the bad note... but I wanted to begin on a good one...

When you finished with the playlist - you probably fell into one of three categories -
A - The happy songs are for deluded losers who conform to social norms and pretend to be happy so they can rationalize their own actions and life.
B - The sad songs are for deluded losers who obsess with sadness because they hate other people and are stuck in a rut of gloom and doom.
Or
C - One cannot claim sadness to be a more authentic emotion than happiness and vice versa. Both are emotions that people have and there should be a balance between the two.

If you noticed, all the the happy music was from years ago. Maybe I just couldn't find new happy music or something but I don't think anyone has made a good song about happiness in awhile. This is in stark contrast to dark and unhappy music. I think the unhappy music peeked around the time of Marilyn Manson and now we are in the resolution phase.

One possibility is that the topic of happiness in song has been replaced by sex. Freud would have argued that even the old happy music was really about sex, but that old fool did too much nose candy. I'm no expert, I'm just hoping that some good convivial tunes will come out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment