2.17.2009

He should be over 21 to do that shit, NO FIRE IN THE 40 WATT MOTHERFUCKER


(lolz)

I briefly mentioned my love for the Black Lips in this past post. But here I will elaborate. You might hate the Black Lips. If you do, fuck you, they're great. If you hate the Black Lips you probably hate that All-American Rejects song I posted because it's "uncool." What a jerk. And you probably hate hamsters too. Asshole. Well whatever man, if you can't appreciate the loud-as-shit, I-cannot-understand-a-word-you-are-saying, is-that-my-friend-who-just-got-his-chin-split-open-by-the-bassist, drunken squalor that is the Black Lips, I just don't know what to do for you.

I look forward to Black Lips shows all year. Thankfully because they basically tour constantly, I never have to wait that long for the next time they come around. These shows are epic in every sense of the word if you want them to be. If you just give in and let the Black Lips do to you what they want, you'll enjoy it, I promise. If you just let go, wear your holey-est t- shirt, grip your 40 for dear life, are able to find the never explictly labled venue, become willing to sweat in copious amounts, and willing to potentially get punched (accidentally?) in the face you will have a great, great time. Black Lips show stories are always good conversation starters and pieces; they always end very early in the morning, sometimes with a lost shoe, and usually with a headache. Some of the funnest shows I've been to, the Black Lips have been there right with me, glorious in their muscle shirt, handlebar-mustached presence. Critics have even hailed them (shat on them?) for thier "on stage antics,"so, come on, that must mean something!

Check out the new Black Lips album 200 Million Thousand out Feb. 24th (way more polished, but still worth it).
But first download these songs off said album: Starting Over and Short Fuse.
Dowload these other songs from various albums: Throw It Away, Freakout, Fad, and Not A Problem.

Also, definitely catch one of their shows in the New York area: March 9th at the Bowery Ballroom or March 10th at the Music Hall of Williamsburg. (Check back here closer to these dates to see if they're playing at a better venue. Sometimes shows at the Market Hotel or Silent Barn are announced like, a few days before and they are much, much better)

PS- If my raves for thier live shows haven't won you over, consider this: they got KICKED OUT OF INDIA for on-stage nudity. WIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment