4.08.2009

Girls, All I Really Want is Girls, and In the Morning it's Girls

Girls are taking over San Francisco. Girls are taking over California. Girls are taking over the United States. Girls are taking over the world. Girls are taking over the universe. No, it is not the female sex. It is a new duo consisting of Christopher Owens, and JR White. Hailing from San Francisco, a.k.a the Bay Area, a.k.a the Yay Area, Girls is holding it down. Their songs, although extremely simple, are extremely catchy. With lyrics like “…I wish I had a suntan/ I wish I had a pizza and a bottle of wine/ I wish I had a beach house, and we could make a big fire every night/Instead I am just crazy,” how could they not be? Girls is a throwback to the 60’s surf rock bands like the Beach Boys, and reminds me a lot of Buddy Holly. With only select songs available for download, Girls is still flying under the radar. They only play a few shows here and there. However, we are going to be seeing a lot of Girls very soon. All I can say is, when you find Girls hit on them! Also, how can you not like a band that supports Ariel Pink?




Download:

Lust for Life (not an Iggy Pop cover!)

Hellhole Ratrace

No comments:

Post a Comment