4.08.2009

Every Penny's Hot, Well Halelughia


Today I saw a real entertaining and yet insightful lecture given by the artist Laurel Nakadate. There was a loud playing of Ludacris and a happy passing about of a volleyball before she started talking. It was a regular beach party. There was also the discovery of a very apt Skype name of a beloved member of the audience: DrShrimp. I'm basically kind of obsessed with her now and my adoration grew even further once she mentioned the music for her first ever feature length film Stay The Same Never Change was done by her good friend Casiotone for the Painfully Alone. Whoa. Not only is the film insanely beautiful and uncomfortably familiar, but the music is a perfect fit: she said she wanted "the saddest prom music you've ever heard with an ice cream truck in the distance" and that is exactly what Casiotone gave her. So, while I have posted about them before, in honor of both Laurel Nakadate and Casiotone I will share with you some of my favorite tracks from the band.

Download I Love Creedence, It's A Crime, and Optimist vs. The Silent Alarm (When the Saints Go Marching In).

Also check out Laurel's work. It's the most embarrassing and interesting thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment