3.08.2009

I don't know how to pronounce this name.


A certain friend of mine instantly turned down my enthusiasm for Astronautalis because I described him as sometimes doing this "talky" thing. By that I mean he kind of talks in songs sometimes and he kinda sounds like a pirate/embarrassingly over-zealous-sincere and I don't like him for a moment, but then he pulls out these amazing little moments and I love it again. Is this considered rapping? I dunno. Is this Eminem's hipster side-project? I dunno...maybe. Is this some nerd with a computer and drum set who is a secret sex-god/rock/rap/rhythmic-talking star? Probably. Either way Astronautalis' stuff basically is what it must feel like when you're in the wardrobe on your way to Narnia (bear with me here): it's secretive and kinda scary and apprehensive but filled with oodles of adventure and wonder and the good kind of nervousness. Oodles.....whoa, that's "noodles" without the n....that must mean something...

Download Short Term Memory Loss, Meet Me Here Later, A Love Song For Gary Numan, Barrel Jumping (A Man of Letters) and Two Years Before the Mast.

No comments:

Post a Comment