1.11.2009

What the fuck is "Goth-Country"?: O'Death


I know everyone is all hot and bothered about Fleet Foxes' self-titled album released last year considering it's on about every "Best of 2008" list imaginable. While I'm pretty obsessed with that album as well, I would currently like to sing the praises of a different band with a slightly similar, albeit harsher, sound. O'Death is a band out of Brooklyn, something I always thought was a bit misleading: Instead of the fashionable noise-band, kind of punk, ugly-on purpose (or is that too last year?), ironic facial hair expectations you might have from most bands out of Brooklyn, O'Death evokes a more back country, creepy barn in the middle of the woods, life by flickering candlelight vibe. Though, they do elicit quite the vision of plaid shirts as well, so yeah, I guess Brooklyn is right. ANYWAYS, O'Death makes fantastically twisted Americana-folk-bluegrass- "gypsy" music that will have you undoubtably hooked on first listen. Enjoy!

Download Down to Rest, Face Mask, Rickety Fence Teeth, and I Think I'm Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment