1.03.2009

Helter Skelter


Little known fact (or really, kind of widely known thing I didn't know until recently): Charles Manson of "family"/mass murder fame was a pretty decent musician. I know people died and all, but I just watched a documentary saying that "Charlie" might not even be really responsible for that stuff! The sex, drugs, and brainwashing, yes, but slayings, possibly no! So I guess that makes me feel a bit less guilty when I listen to his music and like it. I do like it quite a bit. Ugh.

Download Don't Do Anything Illegal (get it?!...it's ironic!) and I Can See You (get it?!...it's creepy!)

Also, check out this video of that guy with the long hair Natalie Portman dated or something play a lovely combination of a damn good Lauren Hill ditty and Manson's "Your Home is Where You're Happy".

(Spoiler: The above picture is indeed not Charles Manson at all, it's actually Devendra Banhart!...and his kissing a boy with a similarly impressive beard....in Greece...GOTCHA!)
(Note: Isn't it a bit weird that Devendra and Charles Manson look really similar, and yet you, everyone you know, and thier little brother have a major crush on him? Does that make you feel kinda awkward?....GOTCHA!)

No comments:

Post a Comment