1.10.2009

Sweaty!


I'm going to make a sweeping generalization here and say that any band with the word cardigan, sweater, turtleneck, or any similar article of cozy winter-ware in their name is implicitly pretty great. Within the parameters of this rule, and in a more sensible and likely way, outside of it as well, I will say that the Brilliant Sweaters are a fantastic band. Yet another talent hailing from Queens New York, these guys are super fun, super awesome, super great, super fly, and super cool. While all this superness might be intimidating for those of weak heart, fear not! The Brilliant Sweaters make approachable, non-pretentious, dance/mosh-able pop-punk that is extremely perfect for a night out dancing like a fool, sweating alot, and looking really terrible once your makeup runs all over your face. Am i right ladies, AM I RIGHT?!
Look out for their first full length album due out this summer and the frequent shows they play in the new york area. Seriously, get out to one of their shows. I may or may not have seen Brilliant Sweaters super-fan Jay Reatard at one. And by may or may not, I mean I definitely have not. BUT, go out anyways, they're awesome.
But first, download these songs so you can sing along: (Note: I fucked up these links, but it should be fixed now. Try downloading them again)
I Dropped out of High School, Sexy Genius, Black Toxic River, Sex Tape

No comments:

Post a Comment