1.30.2009

MY LOVE IS LIKE...WHOA


So my least favorite holiday is quickly approaching. That would be Valentine's Day. If you must know, I also detest Halloween, Christmas, Columbus Day, and New Years Eve. I love Thanksgiving and St. Patrick's Day. The rest are useless. 

SO. In celebration of the bullshit I am going to set out on a quest to post great love songs from then and now. For the next two weeks. Maybe longer. Maybe forever. Love songs are the cornerstone of every genre of music. You've got hip-hip romance, bluegrass love, pop luv, funk love, love love, hate love, hate love hate songs. I am going to touch them all. And maybe in the process, I will touch your heart. And perhaps my icy interior will melt and I will somehow be able to become human, one who is capable of this thing called "love." I'm excited.

I'm not in love yet but I have two weeks to listen to love songs non-stop and so do you. Get going so when I meet you we can fall in love and put our resentment and cynicism for the entire human race behind us. Do you know the song by The Spice Girls "Two Become One"? It is going to be like that but without the girl power and Scary Spice. 

I am going to start off slowly. After all, this isn't easy for me. Here are some love songs that aren't too lovely. I am choking back the vomit already. The next two weeks are going to be a challenge. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo, Emily

Mason Jennings "Nothing"

MF Doom "Hoe Cakes"





No comments:

Post a Comment