2.11.2010

the womb. he's out!


The 1990s seem to be producing some really great singer/songwriters. First we had the love of my life, Hank May of Rock Dove, and now I know of ANOTHER one! How? Where? At a Hank May concert of course! I probably wouldn't venture into the arctic to hear anyone else.

The concert was in possibly the grimiest place ever but every time I have gone there to see a show, it has been better than most of the stupid bar or warehouse shows in Brooklyn. It is just really, really small. It seems exclusive because the capacity is about 10 people. You have to shove your way around the corner to see who is playing. I don't listen to music. I watch it. Never both. The room was really smoky and people were drinking beer out of huge containers. A superbly blond tall kid was playing some music and of course I wasn't paying attention because I was being like what the fuck who is this where is Hank May? But then he sang this song "I Love You But You're Xing Yourself," and then I was okay with him. His new EP is called That Big Sad Thing (that you can't quite put your finger on). My favorite song is "Play & Act" though most of them are good. It sounds like he drinks a lot and likes a lot of girls. He is too young for that. Put your shirt on.

Play & Act

Go to his myspace if you need more want more.

Also, I am going to see Beach Fossils, The Beets, and Christmas Island tomorrow. I will write about that because, oh man, it's gonna be sweet. I should take pictures but I'll probably drop/crush/lose my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment