8.14.2009

Getting loaded watching CNN















I love Aimee Mann. It was the first big girl concert I saw...with my parents but whatever my parents know how to rock so it was still ill. When I learned how to play guitar in middle school I did so by learning almost every Aimee Mann song off of I'm With Stupid and Bachelor No. 2. A while back she did a Daytrotter Sesh for her newest album @#%&*! Smilers (SuperEgo, 2008). Check out and download "31 Today" and "Phoenix" at the very least. Or just get the album. 


The best part of this video is when she puts her face on the cat. I don't say things like this because people that say things like this deserve to be conked in the dome but I have a total girl crush on her. She is 50 years old. Spectacular! Only she can sing songs about addiction, heartbreaks, suicide, and sad in the tone of POP. 


Doesn't the guy in the song sound like Kermit the Frog? AHHHIIIII LOVE IT.

And P.S. I know I am the only one on the ferry boat with a trash bag full of my clothes but I don't have a suitcase so stop giving me that "get out of my way hobo hipster bitch" glare. Because I will not. Get out of your way, that is. The man talking over the intercom sounds like a  gurgling robo-captain. The life vests are in the silver boxes to your left and right. Sir, please swallow whatever is in your throat and guide this vessel homeward as swiftly as possible. 

Also some great news: GANGSTER LEGS is getting a realer better website in a few weeks. Keep checking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment