7.21.2009

BLOOD AND GUTS (SUMMERTIME SONGS: MORE)


Apart from Sweet Tooth Nelson, I have some new favorite summer songs. Speaking of summer, isn't it almost over? Halfway through anything makes me feel it's almost over. Speaking of optimism you want to hear about more things I hate? Those fucking umbrellas with the blue sky on the underside. Nothing says look at me I am a fucking optimist because it's raining but all I can see is sunshine like those umbrellas. Nothing can break those people's spirits. Not even stormy days. 

The Drums released this cute EP with 500 remixes of the same song. Why couldn't they have just left it as the original. The original is great. So summer groovy! Precious. Ugh. It has a neat beachy guitar riff characteristic of any good summer song. 

The Drums- Let's Go Surfing

Second song I found on Jay Howell's blog Punks Git Cut! incidentally my favorite blog and one of my most top favorite artists. This song makes me weak in the knees. Not like someone hit me in the back of the leg (please everyone stop doing that I fall over and feel like a fool) but like I have fallen in love with a song. Just trust me. Just. Trust. Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment