1.03.2010

Sappy.


Sappy: sassy rap.

Ugly Duckling - Little Samba
Their songs are very conversational. It really makes you feel like you're there. Inside the song.

Lootpack - Likwit Fusion (feat the Alkaholiks & Defari)
A Madlib (another invazion) trio (add Wildchild and DJ Romes). This is from 1999's Soundpieces: Da Antidote. Click here for their complete discography.

My resolutions for 2010:
Stop being so mean.
Get into bodybuilding, more and switch out whistling for humming.
Be noticeably nicer, genuinely and listen to people when they speak.
Have a positive outlook on the present and future.
Spend less time at the library although I am not sure where that time will be spent.
Stop saying fuck and also wear leggings less in the winter.

Four out of five or five out of six are going to fail. I would ask what yours are but no one writes comments unless they are insulting and also people have a tough time sharing.

3 comments:

  1. my resolution: hang out with Diamond more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you you diamond in the rough.

    Lootpack is Madlib's first album (I think)... or maybe Quasimoto is first... either way, it is one of the foundational albums of my life and my love of hip-hop.

    Ugly Duckling was also awesome cause they were white and had really dope rhymes/beats. I remember riding in buses on school trips listening to the song "oasis" over and over again.. that track rocks. I think I could still bust out all the lyrics.

    Your brother and I used to listen to this shit like it was our job. Willy opened me up to some fly shit like Herbie Hancock and some other funkee tunes... but I brought Ugly Duckling and Lord Quas to the table.

    Hope your holidays went well. Tell your brother I said hello and that I miss his gnarly afro. Last week I referenced your mom to some complete strangers and about how she "is very worried about william... I THINK HE'S DOING DRUGS".. in that fantastic accent... sigh...

    ReplyDelete