11.21.2011

Get schooled.


One of the best songs ever written is Goodbye Horses by Q Lazarus. This is an indisputable fact, similar to the truth that kittens are cute and six-packs of tall boy cans are a better deal. Now, while going through my files (I call them that) I found a cover of my favorite song that I have not yet stopped to listen to, which made me seek out some more covers. Are they as good as the original? Do any carry the cinematic and creepy weight of the original? No, but try to listen and take it each as a separate entity keeping in in mind that anyone who deems it worth their time to cover one of the best songs ever written must be awesome. Here I give you the Goodbye Horses original video followed by some crazed covers. Let's be real. They all kind of suck compared to the original. But blogs are about getting culture up in their readers and Gangster Legs is no different in this regard.



Kele (of Bloc Party fame)


Flight

Fat Phaze (Daclan Remix)


Harlem (one of my favorite bands)


The Harvey Girls

1 comment:

  1. I love goodbye horses! While it was really fucked up that the movie Silence of the Lambs featured it and the dude did the tuck tuck to his wee wee... The song will always be in my corazon.

    ReplyDelete