11.05.2010

Dubstep is fuck'n WACK!!!!

So its been even longer since the last mother fucking time I posted anything, and I'm super sorry. Im so sorry, sorry, sorry. I've been on a tear lately going to as many shows as humanly possible. That's kinda a problem tho. You see, electronic shows are outrageously horrible for your brain. Plus, I've seen every act I have wanted too, so I think I'm gonna chill out for a little while...

Actually, no fuck that. I'm still going to shows on a weekly basis. But, its become blatantly apparent there's a virus thats been spreading across the indie electronic scene like a plague. Its fucking dub step. It keeps bringing in these 10 year old kids to electro/minimal house/synth disco shows with hopes that they will hear a shit wobbly bass line. Go home, and let the old people dance to real music.

If you think Burial, Rusko, Skream, or, much much much worse, Major Lazor is good, do yourself a favor and kill yourself. Since most popular dubstep has roots grounded in elements found within commercialized rap prevalent in the 2000's, I realize I'm dealing with people that never connected with the essence of true hip hop. You know, everything that was produced before 1996. I already thought you people were already a disgrace to the hip hop industry, but now that you have bastardized electronic music, its time for you to quit life permanently.

Dub step is terrible. It sucks. Go away. Your shit bass lines, unbelievably repetitive hooks, and lack of high hats make me wanna puke. I would rather listen to Orbital's Halcyon On + On for the rest of eternity, and that song gets fucking old pretty god damned fast. I will admit that the days of the "electro banger" in 2007-2008 are gone. But that it's been replaced by dub step in popularity only strengthens my perception that the quality of music since that time has seriously turned for the worse.

I could talk about how I hate dub step for hours, but I digress. Instead, let me introduce to you Erol Alkan. He's been around forever, and has been considered one of the best experimental electro dj's for years, but his cosmic disco sound has really caught my ear over the last year. He was the best show at Electric Zoo this year, and blew me away at Coachella as well. He released this mixtape two weeks ago for a tour he's doing in Japan, and its pretty fucking awesome. Check it out mannnnnnnnnnnnnn


11 comments:

  1. Wait...can you please clarify your opinion on Dub step?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I've never heard of dubstep until just now. Thanks for the introduction! I'm gonna make some of this my new ringtone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the next time we hang out are you going to accept various "random" calls just to annoy me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. no shots fired...but having a liberal art students in 2010 say that "I'm dealing with people that never connected with the essence of true hip hop," is a bit obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Since most popular dubstep has roots grounded in elements found within commercialized rap prevalent in the 2000's, I realize I'm dealing with people that never connected with the essence of true hip hop. You know, everything that was produced before 1996."

    what? dubstep. DUB, step. 2-step and dub. there are yr roots. burial, skream, and kode9's roots definitely aren't coming from whatever yr calling "commercialized rap." ugh you make me sick! burial is some of the most poetic music of the aughts. you don't understand the essence of hip-hop, anyways.. and you sure as hell don't know the feeling of walking home from a rave at 5am, coming down from e, and stopping into a mcdonalds or hearing the howls of a dog shelter.

    burial is a response to 90s rave culture, one that is mostly pessimistic but with moments of hazy euphoria. i love its dissonant, grimy crunch. and kode9 and skream are just sweaty, apocalyptic sex to dance to. and the dubstep practice of starting the song over again when the crowd goes too wild, that shit is undeniable.

    anyways, i personally hate rusko and major lazer. i also hate heady festie kids taking over shows with their furry hats, bikini tops, and ketamine wobbles. but these womp womps aren't all caused by dubstep. they are caused by the entire "festie" trustafarian scene...

    "If you think Burial, Rusko, Skream, or, much much much worse, Major Lazor is good, do yourself a favor and kill yourself." ew why is yr name "gangsterlegs" pasty white gurl? yuucko

    ReplyDelete
  6. fuck dubstep and fuck that nasty shit u put up they're both horrible

    ReplyDelete
  7. your wacker than dub step for posting this, hahahaha "electro/minimal house/synth disco"? "cosmic disco"? you god damn hipsters....when will you learn? you and dubstep are on an equally wack level. we call it superwack.

    sincerely, haters everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  8. you rag on dubstep but this is one of teh most plasticman repetative redudnt piece of shit tracks ever its fucky but falls into the same redundant shit you ragged on the last dude for.

    ReplyDelete