9.20.2009

Neil Diamond Was Raped In My Brain.


Growing up I thought Neil Diamond to be such an innocuous fellow. My family drove through thirty-eight states in a 1978 Vogue listening to nothing but Simon and Garfunkel, Matthew Wilder and Neil Diamond. I know all of the songs to all of those artist's albums. But Neil... well... he received special attention.

Which is why I am surprised that I had never heard of this song -


I would never have guessed that Neil had ever "bogarted a joint" or "sparked a spliff" or "got-dizzee on whirly gigz". I am fine with our prez puffin and passin but not... Neil.

The fucked up part is that now that my mental image of him is besmirched, all of his lyrics now seem like innuendo for sex, drugs and coco pebbles.

And when people at highly populated sports arenas yell "SO GOOD, SO GOOD, SO GOOD!!" Just pour a gob of goddamn lemon puree on my migraine.


No comments:

Post a Comment