2.18.2009

The Shivers: Providing A Soundtrack For All Possible Lifestyles

(Photo credit NYTimes. This has nothing to do with the band, but rather being chilly because of a chilly-hearted landlord.)

If I were at all romantic, I would be silently weeping everytime I heard this song. But I'm not, so instead I just feel this odd moistening of my eyes and even more oddly, these drops of saltwater fall from the ceiling and onto my cheeks. It's so bizarre: my face gets red (I probably just have the thermostat turned up too high or something) and my nose gets runny (I was starting to feel a bit sick I guess now that I think about it). Weird.

Download Beauty

If I were a sexpot, I would strut around with this song playing in the background at all times. From a sultry hot pink boombox strapped to my shoulders that I occasionally used as a prop for a sexy dance. I would wear high heels to bed.

Download The Ghetto

If I were an all around great person with fantastic music taste, which I am, I would listen to The Shivers religiously. Check out these amazingly wonderful songs off their most recent album Beaks to the Moon and become that really cool, sharp as knives, endlessly endearing person. Go ahead.

Download People Who Take Drugs, Half Invisible, and Lonely Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment