5.12.2010

God DAMNIT!

God must be pretty unhappy with me because I have been smitten by a string of bad luck that has spanned the better part of the last 6 months. My shitty luck runs the gamut from my grandfather dying to a permanent ban at Six Flags (and so so much more in between). To ameliorate my current situation I have been trying to get in touch with him, but he's such a dick. He never returns my calls or texts. Half the time he just screens my calls and puts me through to voicemail which is why I have been leaving him a lot of hateful and sexually unflattering messages.

Well, I guess my message got across to God recently, because he blessed me with the discovery of a Nu-Disco act that has my ear drums salivating. Two weeks ago I attended a show at Santos Party House to see an up-and-coming synth magician by the name of Grum. However, I was blindsided by 5 drinks in 15 minutes and that a Brazilian duo called The Twelves were on stage. After many more drinks and a whole bunch of white guy dance moves I realized I was at a show worth bragging about. Then they dropped a remix of Fleetwood Mac's Dreams over a sick synth disco beat and I gladly pooed my pants in the moment of it all. The show was so good that it made the projectile vomiting to end my night taste that much sweeter.

After two weeks of scrutiny I have come to the conclusion that The Twelves can remix any song into an electro gem. Anyone that can remix Scatter Brain, Reckoner, or any Radiohead song while keeping its original integrity gets an A+ in my book. Right now these guys may take title of best remixers.




This is their best mix-tape even tho sound quality is shit, it just doesn't compare to their others. Trust me play this at a party and let it ride

2 comments: